[easy-social-share buttons=”facebook,twitter,google,linkedin,stumbleupon,mail,reddit,buffer,pocket,love” counters=1 fixedwidth=”yes” fixedwidth_px=”20″ fixedwidth_align=”left”]
iPack Builder v2 is the successor of the iPack Builder version 1. Version 1 was simple and didn’t allowed much more options,but that gave me an idea to develop much more advanced version and result is this.
If you have made iPack with any older version ( current version is 2.2) , instead of remaking your iPack with new iPack builder, just upgrade your iPack.
What it is?
With this tool you can make icon pack installers in exe format. The installer will work perfectly on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 both x86 and x64. The idea was simple enough that we wanted to patch windows dll’s exe and other things without messing around.The existing solutions were in stable and took a great amount of time.
Why is this better than 7tsp:
- You can uninstall the pack from control panel just like you remove any other software
- More reliable scripting
- Faster method.
- Advance installer
- You don’t need any other software to install the pack.
- Simple interface, just click on buttons and install the pack.
- Packs built with iPack Builder and for 7tsp are nearly of same size.
- 7tsp cannot patch in Program files folders (only wmplayer I guess) but with iPacks you can patch in program files folder
- iPacks are smart enough to check if x64 windows, if found x64 windows then it will patch both x86 and x64 dll files.
What’s new in this version compared to iPack Builder Version 1:
- The previous version could only patch limited predefined files but this will look up for file, if found then only patch it!
- This version saves ACL files.
- Pack’s built with this version can be uninstalled from the control panel
- Much more reliable scripting.
- Multilingual support in the installer ( English , Spanish, Russian, German )
- Pack’s built with this version are smaller.
You have a question regarding iPack? We have the answer! Read below the FAQ, feel free to ask questions in comment section.
How to Upgrade an existing iPack to the latest version?
Instead of remaking you iPack again and again with the release of new iPack Builder, you can upgrade them.
Upgrading your icon pack installer ( iPack ) is very simple, just launch iPack Builder.exe and you will notice a big blue “Upgrade” button.Click on that and follow instructions.Done!
How to modify res files or any other data in iPack after they are built?
Form version 2.1.1, modifying an iPack is pretty straight forward.
Click on modify button,select iPack. Wait for it to unpack and everything will be loaded in iPack Builder.You just have to edit items and rebuild the iPack.
How to uninstall an iPack?
There are 3 ways to start the uninstaller:
1.From the control panel, uninstall the pack just like you uninstall any other software.
2.Start the iPack application you downloaded again and it will be in uninstall mode.
3. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Pack Name\ and run iPack_Installer.exe
(Program Files (x86) in case of 64 bit windows )
Is iPack Builder avaibale in any other language except english?
Currently the iPack Builder is only available in English, but the iPack’s built with this tool support 4 languages:
iPacks installed but icons are not changed!
Sometimes the icons cache and thumb cache fail to reload. In such situations you should use the tool “Reload Icons.exe” if you still don’t see the icons changed then you can restart ,after that you will see changed icons.
Metro apps not working after install/uninstall
To fix this issue open task manager and restart explorer.exe
Basically you don’t have to restart it with Administrator privileges.
Which files are supported in iPack Builder?
You can patch files which resides in:
Program Files (x86)